re: wire wheel help

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: wire wheel help
From: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 12:47:21 -0800
Ben,

Wire Wheels actually became options in 1970 as the factory switched to
Rostyles and this became the standard wheel. However prior to that Wire
Wheels came Painted as standard and Chrome as an option. You could still
get both those options (Painted and Chrome) in 1970. For instance my 70
GT came with Painted Wire Wheels. So both are 'correct'. Choosing a
painted wheel over a chrome wheel just comes down to personal
preference.

Personally, I prefer the more demure look of new painted wheels but I
know I'm in the minority there as just about every restored MG I've ever
seen has chromed wire wheels! :)

Cheers,
Neil.