Re: [Fwd: MG Q&A]

To: "ccrobins" <ccrobins@ktc.com>, <Csooch1@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: MG Q&A]
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 18:40:07 -0600
CR,
   I've heard it put that 20w50 means that its got the viscosity of 20wt at
room temperature, and maintains that viscosity up to the temperature that
50wt would be thinned down to 20wt due to the heat.  Basically it's 20wt
over a much wider heat range.  I could be wrong, but that's the way it was
explained to me by a Exxon rep. many, many years back when it was new stuff.
Harlan.