Definition of a Boat?

To: "mgs-digest list" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Definition of a Boat?
From: "Fred Pixley" <fpixley@kingston.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 08:20:57 -0500
R. Johnson wrote:

>I have two acquaintances that are looking for non MG LBC's. Perhaps you can
>help.

>One gentleman in St. Louis would like to find a MK 2 or 3 Austin Healy in
>restored condition for sale.

>Another here in Dallas is looking for what I think is the Austin Marina
(the
>car that is also a boat). What years was this car made and any other info
you
>might have including one for sale.

>Perhaps someone might "throw this over the fence" into the proper LBC
network
>for me.

I did some checking and found that the Austin Marina dimensions hardly put
it into the "Boat" category. OTOH your friend may be looking for an Amphicar
which was German built with a Triumph engine.

                                        Marina                        MGB

length                                169"                            153.2"
width                                   69"                            60.0"
height                                  55"                            49.4"
weight                                2233 lb..                     2401lbs
4 door model                       2282 lb..

Good luck to the gentleman in Dallas.  A good Marina is a desirable car but
very few remain.

Fred Pixley
Napanee, Ontario, Canada