Dismantling late model US-spec. clock

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Dismantling late model US-spec. clock
From: "Scott McKorkle" <bmc@aa.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 10:37:22 -0800
Now that it is too cold to work in the garage, I have begun projects that
allow me to work in the house.  The clock from my 78B has nott been working
properly.  Sometimes it runs, sometimes it doesn't and sometimes the second
hand just twitches back and forth.  I have tried cleaning the spade
connectors, but it didn't seem to help.

I have done some clock repair in the past and would like to tackle this
one--but I cannot get inside!  Has anyone dismantled a clock from a late
model B?  I think the clocks are the same from 1977 through 1980.  The
front bezel doesn't seem to attach the way it does on all the other
instruments.  It appears to have a rubber seal between it and the housing.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Scott McKorkle
1978 MGB