'80 MGB handbrake problem - please help!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '80 MGB handbrake problem - please help!
From: JChumley3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 21:47:07 EST
I don't know if it is related to the first winter cold front (temps in the
20s) that we got today in Texas, but as I went to leave work tonight, I find
that my handbrake is broken.  Complicating matters is that it is stuck in the
"on" position!

I can move the lever inside the car freely back and forth.  I don't know how
it connects to the cable, but it has definitely come unconnected!

Has this happened to anyone else?  How can I fix it?  I will check the books
at home tonight (assuming I can bum a ride), so I may be able to solve the
problem on my own.  But in the event that I cannot, I would greatly appreciate
any insight.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy