Re: What IS Vacuum advance?

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: What IS Vacuum advance?
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 11:44:33 +1000
>benefit from it.  On the other hand vacuum advance is normally a good
>thing on a street-driven car and won't hurt performance if it is working
>correctly.

I concur, it definitely smooths the idle. Try disconnecting and plugging the
line from the the carbs and let the car idle without the vacumn advance. The
idle tends to surge a little but with the advance connected idle is much
smoother, I notice this especially at lower RPM 600-900rpm. You will also
see your timing jumping around a few degrees or so with a strobe light on
the marks. I guess this is why you are supposed to disconnect the vacumn
advance line before setting your timing.

Happy New Year everyone. :)

Cheers,
Neil.
--