Re: Gas Station P*ss off, Bourne MA (long)

To: mgs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Gas Station P*ss off, Bourne MA (long)
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 05:39:56 -0500 (EST)
>So, you go tell the police and the station's area management.
>Otherwise, they keep doing it.
>
>  CR

I could call the police, but I really don't think they would find it part
of their jurisdiction. It probably is a pump malfunction of some sort,
probably not intentionally induced (although continuing to use the pump is
pretty strange), and there really isn't any evidence that just what this
kid says happened didn't happen, and the "it's been doing that all day"
story will probably evaporate just like the gas. It seems whenever I talk
to the cops in Massachusetts, it's always "that's a civil matter" or "if we
didn't see it, we really can't do anything about it". But I do plan on
calling the town's w&m people, and perhaps the state's office that
investigates frauds of that sort (there actually are undercover inspectors
for this sort of thing...they are the ones who can gather real evidence and
use it to prosecute).

And the regional management of Mobil should be informed, you're right.