Pistons, Rods etc.

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pistons, Rods etc.
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:37:06 +1000
Ok being serious now. Wondering if some racers or otherwise could give me
some advice on the following.

Can someone suggest (pref. in Australia but I don't mind ordering o/s) a
place to get Flat Top pistons from? It's easy to find the std dished items.
I want a set of +040, forged pref. not cast. I also want to source a set of
18V rods. They are like $500.00 new here. Can someone explain to me what I
will have to do to fit these? The pins are pressed in yes? So I would have
to take the rods, pistons etc to a machine shop and have this done?

Is anyone aware of stronger main bearing caps available for the B? I'm
ordering the ARP bolts, studs etc. Can someone recommend after market Rods
that are a) reasonably priced b) better design,lighter,stronger etc than the
stock 18V types? I'm aware of the Carillo rods, Cosworth pistons etc but I'm
not into full racing mode just yet and don't want to outlay that sort of $
while I'm still learning, I'd like to start off on an intermediate level
with reliabilty uppermost in my mind.

Thanks,
Neil.
--