18V Rod Length, and something else thats annoying me.

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 18V Rod Length, and something else thats annoying me.
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:41:50 +1000
Hi you lot,

Can anyone confirm for me the length from centre to centre of an 18V conrod.
I think it is 6.5"? I see no updated data in Bentley's that states a
different length from earlier rods.

Secondary question, still can't work out how an 18V can have a GCR of 9.0:1
unless there is a different, deeper, HC dish in 18V motors. I realise there
is a 0.5cc block cutout, per cylinder, but can someone explain the anomaly?
I get 9.36:1, whereas I get spot on 8.8.1 with an 18G*. I'm assuming
combustion chambers of 39cc's for the 18V. What other changes, that affect
GCR were there - besides the combustion chamber size and block cutout?

Cheers,
Neil.
--
Neil Cotty - Sydney, Australia