Re: tow dolly ? License plates

To: Jerry K <JKProd@triton.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tow dolly ? License plates
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 00:13:57
At 12:47 AM 2/1/99 -0500, Jerry K wrote:
>I'm getting ready to go pick up a new (to me) GT and wondering what the
requirements are for license plates on a tow dolly and what about the car
being towed.

>I will be traveling through Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas and
Mississippi.

I think a tow dolly always needs its own licence plates.  If you rent a tow
dolly it should have plates on it, as well as tail lights and turn signals.
 In Illinois you need legal plates on the car being towed if any of the
wheels are on the ground.  For a car with no plates you need a flat bed
trailer or towing license.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude