MGC Accelerator Cable

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGC Accelerator Cable
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:02:10 -0800
In the latest episode of what strange thing can my C do to me next... on
the way to work my accelerator cable broke. Limped home by upping the RPMS
to about 2k and did a fabulous 20-30mph trip home, then took the MGA in to
work. It has a very low tire, but did the trick... Anyway I found an
accelerator cable here in town, but low an behold it has to be built upside
down from a B cable. I know like that should be a suprise.

Where I'm having a problem is the cable stop, again it's unlike any I've
seen on a TF, A, or B. I don't like to admit it but it's got me stumped.
The thing is about 3/4 to 1" long, there is a hole for the cable to go
through in the center. One of the holes has the remaining strands of wire
coming through, and the other side I can only see metal. The part that
unscrews comes out, but it doesn't directly pinch the wire, and it's not
broken off.

Is there supposed to be a spring load piece in the center, that is
currently rusted in place?

Or how in the heck does this thing work?

Why does this car have so many strange pieces?

Why is the sky blue?

FWIW.. It can be found on the Mechanical Service Parts List, Page MA5, Item
#39, Part # AHC 284.

Thanks, Lane