Re: Matchbox MGF

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Matchbox MGF
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 21:18:32 +1000
Mate,

>they also produced an MGA early on, but their not cheap.  So Neil, mail me
>the MB number from the bottom of the model and I will do some research, and
>let you know once and for all what the model is of.

Ahem. <G> I think I know what model it is, and how to spot the difference
between a BGT V8 and an 1100. <G> After all I have a GT in my driveway..
Perhaps my sarcasm has gone out of control. I have been known to drink on
occasion too, but I can't recall being out of it for the last 15 years,
maybe tomorrow I will wake up and find an 1100 sitting in my driveway (oh
god noooooooo!!!!).. I presume your answer was in jest yes? <G>

Ok, I will have a look at the Model tonight and write down the number. But
it is a 1973 BGT V8 in a red colour. I was just saying the Matchbox models
are not very well to scale thats all. :) ie The bonnet looks long, and the
height of the front of the car is way too low.

They really are a pale excuse for a Dinky, let me tell ya. I still have
Dinky models. A complete Batmobile set, bat boat, bat car (cool shoots
stuff! <G>), bat chopper etc. A Space 1999 Eagle, A Star Trek Enterprise
(the best!) and a Thunderbird 2. Those models were very well made, these
are.. CRAP. <G>

Cheers,
Neil.
--
Neil Cotty - Sydney, Australia
1970 MG B GT        / 1961 MG A 1600 Mk1 / 1956 AH 100/4 BN2