That MG Red again

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: That MG Red again
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 03:12:25 +1000
Hi all,

Well I cleaned up my B's block today, just to get it reasonable so I can put
it in the boot of the car. There is some pretty original paint there, and it
is definitely deep RED. Not even a hint of Maroon etc. Also, everyone says
not to prime cast iron, but this motor was primed. In a golden/brown colour
primer. I've taken some pics, so when I get this engine rebuild web page up,
along with the other pics I've been taking, you can take a closer look at
this colour.

Maybe the Maroon issue is coming from earlier MGs? ie T-Types that
definitely do have a Maroon-ish colour. If you look in Original MGB the
motors they show in there, the restored ones, are all very red in colour.

Cheers,
Neil.