alternator conclusion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: alternator conclusion
From: Nina Barton <ninab@scoresheet.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:10:55 -0800
Thanks to Lawrie, Joel Widdell, Elizabeth, Bob Howard, Kevin Brown and Paul
Hunt for your help.  My first problem was that the tensioner bracket? (the
part which the alternator can slide on) was bent, so the alternator wasn't
being held in the right position, and also, the threads on that bottom
alternator mounting bracket were stripped, so that holding it in position,
and getting a lock washer and nut on it, as well as keeping it in position
to tension the fan belt was difficult.  A helicoil repair is in order
sometime in the near future.  Anyway, it's back together and charging the
battery once again, so, even though it's been raining cats and dogs here in
California, I think a long, windy drive is now in order.  Thanks again,
Nina