Antique License Plates

To: "MGs digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Antique License Plates
From: "n" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 10:09:30 -0500
Here in Connecticut, Antique plates, called "Early American" even on our
LBC's only require that the car be more than 25 years old.  As I drive my
'66 MGB to & from work, I see a '57 Ford 2-door wagon, a mid-60's Dodge &
park near a '67 Volvo that wear EA plates & are driven every day.  There are
no restrictions.

What does the EA plate do for us?  Our towns levy a personal property tax on
automobiles, boats, etc. here in CT.  EA plates limit the assessed valuation
on cars to $500 for tax purposes.  So, it saves me about $100 a year.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB, et al