seat belts

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: seat belts
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:25:26 -0500
Got my copy of Moss Marques (Moss International, not Moss U.S.) & read
the seatbelt article, which prompted me to again start looking for
replacement seatbelts. Mine are the reel type, OE from a late model MGB.
They are a little too tight, sometimes won't extend, generally a pain,
sometimes in the neck.

Off I went on Sat. to my appointed rounds, including a stop at the local
LBC repair & parts shop. Got any good seat belts? Sure, we've got the
good ones, not the ones you get from ****. So a few minutes later, I
walked out with one ( yes, just one) seatbelt to try. If I like it, I'll
be back for another. Turns out it was the same seatbelt I had read about
in Moss Marques, not generally sold in the U.S.. It is really a nice
item. Came with lots of bolts, nuts, lock washers, a "Z" & a flat
bracket. If you can't mount the sucker with all the hardware in the bag,
its a car you shouldn't be driving, or it's a tricycle. The nice
feature, is that it does not have to be level side to side or front to
back. It has an adjustment so that you mount the reel, then turn 2 knobs
so the arrows point up, then lock in place with a set screw. Now the
catch mechanism is level, even though the reel may not be. The belt is
long enough I am not strangled, the receiver is stiff aircraft cable
that will take a bend, doesn't flop to the floor. The other nice touch
is the release button. It pushes from the top or the side

Manufacturer is "Securon", model for all MGB/GT, & Triumphs TR2-8 is
514/30. Price is $89.95 US plus tax. Got mine from Mountjoy's Auto Shop
in Hyattsville, MD.

No interest in much of anything that might bring a lawsuit.....

Good seatbelts may save your ***. Better than waiting for those free
replacements of belts that weren't that good when they did work. IMHO.

Jim Stuart
2 V-8's, no dollars or sense