Re: R 12

To: cdlynes@bellsouth.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: R 12
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 19:36:56 EST
Dave,
I haven't checked the federal regs recently, however the way the rules read a
couple of years ago is that existing stocks of R-12 could be used up past the
date on which R-12 would no longer be produced (?12-31-94?).  However if
someone had an excess amount there could be problems.  A couple of cans should
not present a problem.
Where the problem is that R-12 is not supposed to be produced anywhere in the
world today.  If some third world lab cooks up a batch and customs or the EPA
catches you with oh say a tank truck or two of R-12 there would be hell to
pay.
Face it the feds have better things to do than to root through your garage
looking for a 13 oz. can of R-12
Rick Ewald
67 B