Re: Melted Gearbox Mounts/Half Speed Speedo

To: warren_p@ls3p.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Melted Gearbox Mounts/Half Speed Speedo
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 17:48:16 EST
Warren,
I too have seen where the trans mounts on MGB's literally turn to liquid and
look melted.  This does not happen to everyone or even 1 in 5.  I have just
seen it happen now and again.  Beats me as to why.  I have replaced these
"liquid" mounts with a new set without doing any repairs and had no problems.
So I don't think it's oil or heat, other than that I have no clue.
Anyone?
Anyone?
Rick Ewald
67 MGB