RE: 70 MGB GT - Speedo Cable Saga Continues

To: Gary Davis <6GPRO.GDAVIS@ibr6gw82.gp.usbr.gov>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 70 MGB GT - Speedo Cable Saga Continues
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 09:43:41 +0100
Hi Gary,

In my '71 GT the speedo cable goes with a right angle conector to the right
in the dash and there goes down under the heater unit through a big hole and
there it goes to the tranny.
Looking from the front of the car into the engine bay look to the heater
unit motor. Go downwards where you see the flat body part whereon the carbon
filter pot is mounted and whereon the brakelines are mounted on.
Just where this flat body part ends at under the heater motor you'll find
the hole where the speedo cable goes through.
I must say it's a real fight to have it fitted correctly including the
rubber grommet which protects the cable being cut by the MG body.

Good luck.

Hans Duinhoven
'71 MGBGT (Ex USA car - so comparable)