Oil pressure sender

To: mgsautoxteamnet <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil pressure sender
From: Chris and Jodi Barnhart <barnhart@geneseo.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 19:12:42 -0800
Hi all,

Now that the car is running I working through some electrical problems.
Managed to determine the cause of my malfunctioning water temperature
and gas gauge today (bad voltage stabilizer).  Also found out I have a
faulty oil pressure sender.  A couple questions:

1. What should the resistance of the sender be at rest?  (mine shows
infinite currently)
2. Anyone ever replace a oil pressure sender on a '69 B with a modern
sender unit? (Or if I know the resistance I can cross ref to one)
3. One wiring diagram I have (Haynes) shows the oil gauge to be fed
power from the voltage stabilizer.  Mine is fed from a green wire on the
"B" side of the stabilizer (not regulated) which is consistent with the
factory workshop manual.  Since I have seen it both ways I am curious if
the oil pressure gauge should have regulated power.  Thoughts?

So many questions.
Thanks,
Chris