Re: Bonnet Pad Set

To: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>, Dan Ray <danray@bluegrass.net>,
Subject: Re: Bonnet Pad Set
From: David Lynes <cdlynes@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 20:12:46 -0500
Skye and others:

The other day, I was in Best Buy and saw the Dynamat stuff that is so
expensive.  It was the first time I had seen this other than in a
catalog.  It is about the same stuff Owens Corning makes under the trade
name "WeatherLock" and is used to seal valleys and edges of roofs under
shingles. I had some last fall when I re-roofed my house, but didn't
even think of it for this application.

The stuff is kind of a thin black elastic stuff that comes in a roll and
is self-adhesive on one side, covered with a white membrane that you
peel off. You just cut to size, peel the backing off and press on.

There is a web page...

http://www.owens-corning.com/owens/around/roofing/underlayment.asp

The last I checked, Home Depot doesn't carry it, but a roofing supply
store would.
Give it a look.  I even had a sample from an Owens Corning pamphlet, but
tossed it when I was done.

David Lynes, Woodstock, GA
73 Midget
78 MGB