Re: "Bench bleeding" brake master cylinder.

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "'MG NUTS'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "Bench bleeding" brake master cylinder.
From: "MSLishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 00:07:09 -0500
I've done this another way too, which seemed a little easier to me.

Install your new MC into the car.  Bolt it into place, but DO NOT
remove the original plastic plugs or install the brake lines yet.  Once
everything is bolted up (including attaching the pedal to the
cylinder), remove the plastic plugs and install the included plugs with
nipples and the hose with them.  Run the hose to the reservoir, fill
the reservoir with fluid, and have a friend pump the pedal.  The
cylinder will be bled very quickly.

It seems to work well for me...Not only that, it also secures a warm
body to help bleed the brakes when you're done!

Mike Lishego
1974 MGB
1986 Plymouth Turismo 2.2
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/virtualgarage/index.htm