Re: SU Carb

To: "Richard A. Boris" <borisri@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: SU Carb
From: John Trindle <johnt@tsquare.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 08:22:47 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Richard A. Boris wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> A fellow member of the MG Car Club-Long Island Centre is planning the
> installation of a single SU HIF 44 carb to his 1978 MGB. Anyone familar
> or experienced with this carb and for MGB applications?
> Any help would be appreciated.

This is what I've been calling the HIF6 (or very similar to it), and it is
pretty nice.  I ran with one when I first got mine, for about 6 months
before "upgrading" to twin HIF4s.

I've still got it, with the manifold, around her somewhere (rummage,
rummage).

Gosh, I wish I had a garage, so everything would be neat and organized
(hah!)

--
John M. Trindle | johnt@tsquare.com    | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire H Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock