MGA Resto

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA Resto
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 11:03:46 EDT
<<My questions are:
1.  Does anyone have a rust-free chassis(bare bones) for sale
(realistically priced)?
2. Will I harm the aluminum in the doors if I chemically strip the
paint? or is it best to have a pro bead-blast it?
3. Is it worth welding a frame that has both sill sections showing
through and through rust areas (you can pick it apart with your fingers)
my gut feeling is to find a frame in nice shape and use that.>>

You are better chemically stripping the aluminum doors than letting anyone
but a real pro blast them- they can be easily ruined.
Todd Clarke has frame repair sections that you can weld in, but that
presupposes that you can cut back to solid metal to weld to without the car
falling in half. Check out which repair sections are available, and have a
pro body man look at the car to help decide which way to go.

Bill S.