Re: tale of woe (somewhat wordy)

To: H4aardvrk@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: tale of woe (somewhat wordy)
From: Rick Morrison <gofastmg@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 23:41:26 EDT
Not really hard, Howard.
  I do all the work myself, with the exception of those odd bits done by
my tame machinist.
 I was just counting up the cost, based on what I know/want/guess. At the
present, the total parts/machine shop cost is about $775.
 Only trouble is, now I've starting that "Well, why not put a hotter cam
in?" and "this is a good time to port the heads and add a tubular
header".
 I've managed at this point to avoid temptation, by keeping my bank book
open right next to the part's catalogs. :>)

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget