Re: My humble opinion(long) on Bs, C, and TR6s

To: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>,
Subject: Re: My humble opinion(long) on Bs, C, and TR6s
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 18:57:30 -0500
This is interesting,
    So I'll put my 2 cents in.  I've had 2 TR6's, both '72's.  They were
both good runners and handled well, until the bushings on the rear trailing
arms went out on one, then it handled like a pig.  The other had a typical
problem of leaky rear shock the bounced it's way around until fixed.
   On the other hand, my MGB handles well, but then the suspension has been
rebuilt with all new bushings, and it has an uprated front sway bar.
   As for acceleration, the TR does accelerate faster, but it  has more
displacement and 2 more cylinders so it should, except that neither of mine
had overdrive, so they both red lined out while the MGB-GT was still pulling
away ( with overdrive...).   I used to consistently leave my friend behind
in his TR with me in my BGT when they where both new on the twisty turnies
of east anglia in out younger days.  Don't really know if it was the cars,
or lack of judgement.

  You pays your money and takes your choice....
Harlan.