Front main seal - '74 B

To: "'Oracle of MG'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front main seal - '74 B
From: "Kulka, Matt" <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:35:05 -0400
Greetings, list.

Planning a big weekend coming up, taking the wife to the beach in the '74 B
(about 200 mi. each way).  In preparation, I've reserved a weekend for some
repairs, including the front main seal.

I'm planning to just loosen the front motor mounts and jack up the front of
the motor to do the job.  Can anyone tell me, will I also have to disconnect
the driveshaft from the transmission, or will the u-joint flex enough that I
don't have to worry about it?

An unrelated thought:  One of the windshield snaps which holds the tonneau
is loose.  Is there anything special about these, or will a male snap from
the local art & craft store do the job?

As always, most appreciative of all of your experience.

Matt Kulka
Huntersville, NC
'74 B - "Like to stay to chat but I ain't got the time,
          Gonna take the 'B down to Highway 9..."
(Sorry Bob)