Re: spark plugs

To: RobMGB@aol.com
Subject: Re: spark plugs
From: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 11:23:31 -0700
Hi all,

Back in the dark ages, before I was a real mechanic, I did oil changes and
tune-ups at one of those quickie places (oh the shame...).  We used the absolute
cheapest parts available, including Champion plugs.  Out of the box, about 10%
were bad.  They just wouldn't spark at all.

I've used NGK's (BP6ES) on all of my Brit iron past and present for twenty years
with assorted forays into new and "improved" technology and always run screaming
back to NGK's.  Someone who used to supply me with MG parts said NGK stands for
No Good Kind, but then he thought Castrol GTX would ruin a B engine.  He used
Duckham's Q and Bosch plugs.  I suspect this is another one of those personal
preference issues.

Just my $.02.
Denise Thorpe