RE: That's what you get when you don't DIY.

To: "Joe Short" <buster_balz@operamail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: That's what you get when you don't DIY.
From: "Jason Dutt" <jason@markerman.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 10:59:29 -0400
Interesting.  My car is pretty low (chrome bumper), but I don't seem to have
any problems with insufficient travel or bottom-out.  Of course, as we've
said earlier, the front is so darn stiff right now that I don't think it
could bottom out if it wanted to.  It would be worth measuring the travel on
the shocks, though, just to know.

My orgininal plan was to install coil-overs on my car.  The $ wasn't the
problem: availability was.  I waited for 6 months for them to come into
stock, and they never did.  At the end of that time, they still had no
projected arrival date.  Since then, I've heard some bad reports on the
conversion...basically that the results are hardly better than a SPAX
conversion.  Although I still doubt this, it makes me feel better anyway.
<g>  If you're autoxing, I'd imagine the kit would be worthwhile.

Regards,

=J=