Re: B update and questions (long for most, usual for me)

To: dcouncil@imt.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: B update and questions (long for most, usual for me)
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 20:43:32 EDT
I think at one time or another just about everybody that has worked on cars
much has either slid under a car on a jack or thought "Hey it's OK I'll only
be there for a second, what could go wrong?"  In a word LOTS.
Picture your B (A, Midget, Rolls Canhardly, whatever) landing on your head.
When dropped from a jack the suspension will compress giving about 2" of
clearance before regaining normal ride height, and your head is how thick?
It WAS more than 2' is the answer.  Please don't even think about doing this.
 Good list members are hard to find.
The only safe way is put a good jack stand(s) under the car place the weight
on them and then wiggle, bounce, shove on the car to make sure that it is
secure.  Then and only then go under the car.
Rick Ewald
67 MGB