Value of a 67 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Value of a 67 MGB
From: RatiganJ@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 18:44:31 EDT
Fellow Listers...

     I am going to an interesting auction this weekend. The first day is a
liquidation of the owner's British bike shop.  Lots of great BSA's (even a
Goldstar) and Triumphs.  The second day is a liquidation of the same owner's
ranch.  The ranch auction listing shows only ranch-type items with the
exception of a 67 MGB.  The owner had a great reputation for keeping his
motorcycles in wonderful shape, so I am assuming the MGB is in great shape.
Since it is the only non-ranch item, I thought I might be able to get a deal.
 Beings I am an MGA guy, I do not really know what sort of a price would be a
"good deal".  As I understand things, this year is the transition between a
MKI and a MKII. How do you tell the difference and does it matter?

Thanks for your help in advance...

Joe Ratigan
58 Roadster...