BCW Sighting

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: BCW Sighting
From: KGROWLER@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 10:21:54 EDT
Report from the Western suburbs of Chicago -

I took Wednesday off and did a good deal of running around in my '79 Midget.
We drove the 40 miles to the far southern suburbs to my in-laws where my wife
wanted to plant some flowers while her folks are on vacation in Florida. So
with the boot full of flower flats and a large bucket of dirt behind the
seats we set out. The bucket behind the seat took up the area the top folds
down into so I was embarrassed to be travelling top up as we went by a red
and white big Healey that was pulling out of a gas station. It was top down
of course. I recognized the driver - it was Jack Feldman who is also on the
list and lives 3 or 4 miles from me. Proper waves and thumbs up were
exchanged.

While at my in-laws, I tried to fire up my MGA which is kept in their garage
to take it out but it refused to start. I think when I replaced the leaking
carb jets last year, I never went back through and re-tuned it. So that will
be done on our next trip down there. Didn't have time to go through step by
step on Wednesday and hadn't brought all my tools anyway.

Our only other LBC sighting was a yellow TR6 sitting outside a repair shop.
It was top down as if recently driven.

Tomorrow morning we pack up the Midget and motor south to Urbana for the
Champagne British Car Festival. The plan is to take the backroads and enjoy
the open country roads that are a great contrast to the urban congestion in
our area.
Can't wait to see that scurvy lot of V8ers and old friends down south.
Hopefully they convinced the hotel to lay in enough beer this year.

Now where did I put my eye patch and parrot...

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois