Re: Water Wetter Works?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water Wetter Works?
From: don <brgmgb@napanet.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 08:34:00 -0700 (PDT)
Hello-

I have owned MG's since 1967 and all of the A's and B's I owned would run
hot in the summer.  The temp here in Napa Valley in the summer gets up to
115, typically 105 in the afternoons.  Going up a hill, the temperature
gauge always climbs on these cars on a hot day.  And the T series cars are
worse- I remember going on a rally with a friend in his TD and the
combination of ambient heat and a long climb put the temp gauge needle well
into the oil pressure part of the gauge.

I say if anything can help the efficiency of the cooling system, use it!

Don Scott

At 02:51 PM 6/11/99 +1000, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>>several years, but have it in a Miata and the temp gauge never goes over N
>>anyway.  Haven't driven an MG with it enough to say if it keeps the coolant
>
>I've never understood why these treatments are necessary, to me if your car
>is going past N then you have some other kind of problem causing the
>overheating. We have 100+ temps here in Aus. and my BGT idles nicely in that
>weather (even if I am STUCK to the back of the seat with sweat!! *yuk*) and
>never goes past N. The only time it has overheated is when my Thermostat was
>toast, my Water pump was not working, a water leak somewhere or my Radiator
>was blocked. I'm not saying the WW doesn't work but I'd look elsewhere first
>if your car is getting hot. As others have said it could be lots of other
>reasons too, ie fuel, bad oil, ignition settings, fan on the wrong way,
>blown head gaskets etc.
>
>I'd like to hear from any people out there that bought their MG's new and
>see if their cars overheated in hot weather at the time, I'd think this is
>just an old car syndrome not the way they actually are when in good health.
>
>Cheers,
>Neil.

The above address is for list purposes only.  Please send private e-mail to:
scottdon@napanet.net

RetroMobilia w/ original advertising artwork featuring:
    Riley 1.5, '62 Buick, '91 Miata Special Edition, & MG TF, & 215 V8
Check it out:
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2508/