RE: Boot lid stuck!

To: "Dan Pockrus" <dpockrus@efficient.com>, "'MG list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Boot lid stuck!
From: "Andrew Errington" <ame@synaptics.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 16:35:12 -0700
Had the same problem, pushing the button did not operate the latch far
enough to make it let go of the staple clamped to the bottom edge of the
boot.  I had pretty much determined that accessing the boot compartment is
hard due to the fact that there is a metal skin all the way round.  Someone
on the list suggested removing the reversing lights and inserting a
coathanger wire, which could then be manouevered around to release the
latch,  but despite their claims that it would work I had no success.

In desperation I pressed the button in as far as I could then pressed my
knee into the licence plate, which pushed the staple forward a small amount,
enough to allow the latch to let go.

Good luck,

Andy
'69 B

PS: If you do this again then put a string or lever on the latch so you can
undo it easier before you get the adjustment right...