RE: Mechanic referral needed...

To: "'Charles D. Sorkin'" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Mechanic referral needed...
From: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 09:19:34 -0400
Well first off,  The Autoworks in Westwood (I believe) specialize in brit
cars.  THe owner is a real good mechanic.  Knows his stuff.  He's a bit
pricey, though.  Bob Medinsky from MGTs is in North Jersey somewhere as
well.  Another MG god.  He's listed in information as M.G.Ts with the
periods.

As to the problem, I would check two things.  First off,  my starter used to
click when it wasn't getting enough juice from the battery.  Check that
there's enough charge.  Second,  later on my starter used to get stuck in
the ring gear when the the pinnion (on the starter) began to wear.  A good
temporary fix is a long pipe (about three feet) and a good smart tap
(multiple) on the starter.  You should hear it click back into place.  If
not,  just loosen the starter bolts and move it around a bit.  Otherwise,
pull it and check out the condition of the starter, and the ring gear as
both can get damaged if one goes.

Good luck.

Michael

'78 Midget
'87 300ZX

        __/__,_
|           Michael Graziano            |
|   Long Term Capital Management L.P.   |
|         Phone: 203-552-5706           |
|         Fax:   203-552-5869           |
|       Email: mgrazian@ltcm.com        |