Re: How many cars in your collection??? (not much LBC)

To: mgs@autox.team.net, Tom McLaughlin <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: How many cars in your collection??? (not much LBC)
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@netdoor.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 15:59:08 -0500
Tom McLaughlin wrote:
>I've always wanted an old 911

Interesting.  I drove my MG to a neighboring city today and decided to
cool off in the mall.  I was strapping myself to the MG when two elderly
ladies approached me.    They had a 1964 Porsche 911 they were trying to
sell, and wanted to know if I was interested.  I'm a 914 man, but I said
I would have a look.  Sure enough, they had an old Porsche sitting in
the garage of a bed and breakfast.

I asked the price after giving it a quick once-over.  I nearly choked
when she, with a very straight face, replied "$100,000".

I admit, I know nothing about the value of a Porsche.  She seemed to
think that with the new millenium, the car was worth that much.  (Anyone
else sick of this Y2K crap?)  100K seems a bit steep to me.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB
no 1964 Porsche 911, but I can apply that money to about ten 914's
pokrefke@netdoor.com