Re: MGB Tire Pressures

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Tire Pressures
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:40:15 +1000
Hi guys,

> in the car. Obviously there is a 3 - 5 psi diff between the front and
> back. I would have thought it was the other way round - but so be it.
> Usually the end with the most weight has the highewr pressure. If the way

This is what I've always been told by people. The end with the more weight
the higher the pressure. On modern tyres I tend to run 32psi Front and 30psi
Rear. This is normally good with a passenger and a full tank of gas. I'll
normally take them down 2 psi each end if it's only round town driving. Our
roads here are abysmal and with the pressures that high I do get a slight
amount of skipping over minor bumps.. However for the most part I prefer the
handling at those pressures. The car feels way too heavy any lower than
30/28psi. Just my .2c. :)

Cheers,
Neil.