1977 MGB Smog Problems-A Plee for help!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 1977 MGB Smog Problems-A Plee for help!
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 20:11:00 EDT
Fellow followers of the list:

Two years ago I blew the cylinder head in my MG.  The only one I found (read:
could afford) was a pre-75 head w/o the water port for the auto choke in the
back of it.  Consequently, I bought the $XX.95 Moss manual choke conversion
kit for my car.  I have to smog my car again this year, and they wouldn't
pass me on the visual inspection due to the manual choke.
I'm sure I have seen an electric choke conversion out there somewhere, be it
on a Webber or a Zenith-Stromberg carburetor.  Does anyone know where I can
find one of any kind of choke device that takes the operation out of my hand
without putting another hole in my cylinder head, even just temporarily?  The
registration is due by the end of the month, and I have already put $$$ into
the rebuilt smog pump, new catalytic converter, rebuilt carb, new hoses...you
get the idea.

Thank you for all replies!
Steve Sanchez