Re: EX182 etc

To: "Andrew Proudfoot" <amproud@nf.sympatico.ca>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: EX182 etc
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 21:43:05 -0500
Hi All,
   When I saw this thread I said "I Know, I Know..." then I read further and
thought about the numbers and it turns out I didn't know anything.  When I
saw the request for info. on EX182 I remembered the car I saw in Syd Beers
collection in England in '72 and was thinking of the land speed record car
that Steering Moss drove at bonaville to take the record in August, then the
engine was punched out just over 1500 cc's, and they took the record again
in October in the next class ( different driver).  Syd had the car in his
collection at the time, and I thought that was the one being discussed.  Of
course it wasn't, because the thread was on the 3 LaMans entries prior to
the release of the MGA, and the car in Syd's collection at the time was
EX181.
   After some further investigation ( read, poke around on the web) it turns
out the car that Syd had is now in the BMIHT museum anyway so I didn't
really know where that one was either.
   What a bummer....
Harlan.