Re: Sandusky Ohio

To: Mike Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
Subject: Re: Sandusky Ohio
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 18:30:01 -0500
Mike Razor wrote:

> Any of you listers live close to Kelly's Island, Cedar Point area?
> My Dad wants all of us to go up there next month.  I have never
> vacationed in the area but from what I hear it is pretty nice.  It
> will cut into some of my MG car shows but when it is your Dad...
> Any info or advice would be helpful.
> THANKS!
> MIKE R

    The area is pretty neat.  You have a choice of ferries to get
there.  If you are taking a car, then Miller's Ferry from Catawba Island
is the only way that I know of.  Make sure you hit South Bass Island on
your trip, specifically the Round House Bar.
Put-In-Bay is the first place that Bugeye Sprites were raced in the US
(1958) and the marina area is a place to people watch--some folks are
worth watching more than others, however.
    Kelly's Island is more upscale than South Bass.  There is not much
on Middle Bass, at least to my liking.  I'd go back any time I had a
chance--as a matter of fact we're been there the 1st weekend in June for
several years for the AH club "Island Adventure".

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO