Re: reproduction fenders

To: "BMack" <bmack99@home.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: reproduction fenders
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:05:22 +1000
Bryce,

> <If you remove it, then you'll need to use a metal etching primer before
> your regular primer>
>
> I like metal etch primer for bare sheetmetal (not aluminum) but a good
epoxy
> is sufficient.

Can you explain something for me? I've read in a number of places that you
should use Etch Primer on Aluminium and normal Primer on Steel. I recently
painted a part that was a combination of Aluminium and Steel with an Etch
primer. It adhered perfectly to the Aluminium but not the steel... I should
have thought about it b4 I tried to spay it on the steel bit as well! :)
Anyway you are recommending etch on steel parts also.. Are there different
types of Etch primer - for Aluminium and Steel?

Cheers,
Neil.
--
Neil Cotty - Sydney, Australia
1970 MG B GT        / 1961 MG A 1600 Mk1 / 1956 AH 100 BN2