Re: Racing Wheels

To: "Henry A. Morrison" <dos_gusanos@email.msn.com>, <WSpohn4@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Racing Wheels
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 18:13:13 -0400
> I also find the statement that Factory  TR4's used Minilites in their
rally efforts in the sixties a bit bold  because the fact is that they used
wire wheels exclusively and I callenge  you to find a period photo of a
rally car with them on. <

>Cheers Henry Morrison    Cedar  Crest, <

If you had read my message correctly, you would have noticed that I did not
say the factory TR4 rally cars used minlite wheels.  This is what I wrote:

"In the 60s/70s the Panasport wheels, similar to a Mini-lite, were very
popular in rallying and racing.  So much so that the Works TR4 Rally cars
used them; they were also options on TR4/A/250/5 and early 1969 TR6s."

Neil Revington, who has restored three of the four factory TR4 rally cars
and they ALL have Panasport wheels.  Not only that, but you may go check an
original factory options list for these TRs and notice that Panasport wheels
were an option.  For photos, you may check the last years worth of Classic
Car and / or Classic & Sportscar as both featured numerous articles on these
rally cars, specifically the one being currently restored.

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu
Not the only Triumph TR6 @ Ithaca College