Re: DeLorean Info.

To: Parker J Whiteway <parkerw@juno.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Info.
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@huntnet.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 21:25:24 -0500
Parker, to each his own, but I for one would like to see you happy with
whatever you do acquire.  I got my first LBC at about your age, long ago in
a village far far away, and lived through the DeLorean and several other
similar abortive attempts, like the Bricklen.  The D just never was what it
was originally conceived to be.  It ended up no more than a marketing
finagle, not much of a car, with multiple major design flaws.  I hope that
you will look into it enough to satisfy yourself that you will be happy
long-term with what is no more than a white elephant in the automotive
world, and a very difficult resale.  There are all manor of interesting
daily drivers that are out there for the same or less $.  One that occurs to
me is the ES 1800 Volvo(yeh, I know, an old Volvo).  John