Re: Fuel Pump

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 17:36:11 -0400
I have (had) 2 cars with solid state SU fuel pumps. Neither were conversions,
that is, they were advertised as genuine SU solid state pumps. Both were
purchased from the Roadster Factory. The first I purchased about 5 or 6 years
ago, put over 100,000 miles on it, was still running fine when I sold the car
recently.

The second pump was purchased about a year ago to replace a stock SU on my GT. I
had previously installed a Fasctet or some such little square pump in parallel
as a back up, when preparing for a long road trip. This saved me when the old SU
crapped out. It also saved me when the new solid state SU stopped after 3
months. Over a period of about 6 months the new SU worked about 1/2 the time,
refusing to work for an hour or a month with no pattern. It has now been
flawless for the last 5 months. My only explaination is "its British".

Jim Stuart