MGB Ignition

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Ignition
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:50:26 -0600 (MDT)
I have a question that just became a problem on my way to work this
morning.  I had a problem driving to Co from Oh where the ignition would
die for a second or two, and then return to normal.  It was acting like
there was no spark to any cyls.  I attributed this to heat and stress from
23 hours of 4500rpm, especially since I had never seen this in the past 4
years the car has been on the road.  Well this morning it did it cold on
my way across a busy street and it didn't come back to life.  The points,
condenser, cap, rotor, plugs, and plug wires are new.  The coil is not
shorting, because I have had that happen and it doesn't get anywhere near
that hot (checked on the long drive).  It would seem to be the trigger
wire from distributer to coil but that wire is good so where else in the
ignition circuit should I look if I have no other electrical gremlins as
clues?

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'74 BGT bastardization with big alluminum heart :)