Re: electrical problem

To: "Carl French" <cfrench@cybertours.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: electrical problem
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 19:42:29 +0100
*If* your lack of instruments, turn signals and fuel pump are connected, so
to speak, then you should look for a bad connector in the white circuit.
You may find that three whites come off the ignition switch - one for the
coil (via the tach), one for the ignition warning light, and one for
everything else.  This last splits off at a four-way to feed the fuse box
(and hence the green circuit, instruments and turn signals) and the fuel
pump.  As I think the wires are soldered to the ignition switch, I would
check the four-way.

On the other hand, they could be completely independant i.e. you have two
(or more!) co-incidental faults.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )