Re: mga ball joints.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Barney Gaylord" <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: Re: mga ball joints.
From: "Dean Crowley" <dcdccccckc@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 10:28:22 -0500
Had an old rack that I took the inter ball joint out of. Attempted to
separate the ball cover from the front plate. Not possibly in this case. Put
it in a LARGE vise, heated it bright red and put a LARGER pipe wrench on it
trying to get it off. This was after making tool out of drill bit stock to
hold that one flat piece. You guess it. Broke....It would NOT come apart.
Gave up and am just going to put on different rods from a third
rack....Mannn.....Is it by any chance a left handed thread? Tried both ways
but.....Never seen anything like it. I can always get stuff apart, even if I
tear it up doing it. In this case I tore it up and STILL did not get it
apart. Whipped, Defeated...I move on to the next problem..the hidden oil
leak. Grin...