Re: Coil Question

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Coil Question
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 09:33:47 -0500
Be careful how you read their instructions. Catalog writers,both Bosch and
Lucas, use imprecise language at best. Coils either HAVE a ballast resistor
in them, or require an external resistor. The language of "... X car
requires a coil with a ballast resistor" usually means that that a coil
that _contains_ a ballast resistor is needed. This is true of the MGA and B
where the wiring schematic does not show an external ballast resistor in
the vehicle's loom.
        Been around the block onthis one many times.
        Peter C
-----