Re: Brake system flush

To: larryhoy@cwix.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake system flush
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:39:36 EDT
In a message dated 8/26/99 1:38:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
larryhoy@cwix.com writes:

<< Since the cost of the new replacement fluid is so great, is there a way to
 flush the system without wasting the new fluid?  Or do I just keep moving
 fluid through the system until I believe most of the old fluid has been
 replaced by the new fluid? >>

Denatured alcohol will do the job.  It's cheap, and after it's thru the
system it will evaporate completely leaving everything clean.  It won't eat
seals either.  (Hydraulic seals that is.)

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport