Re: Carb flooding

To: RL Chrysler <lchrysl@fhs.csu.McMaster.CA>
Subject: Re: Carb flooding
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:02:21 +0000
Folks,
Thanks for the insight to my flooding/loss of power situation.
Some further info I neglected to mention.
–gas tank removed and cleaned out by radiator guy(don't think it's crud
from tank)
–blockage under needle valve suggestion( wouldn't that cause the problem
at all speeds not just when I attempt to go over 3500 rpm?)
I'm fine under 3000, try going over and the problem hits as soon as I
exceed 3500.
–Grose jets screwed down tight(one gasket under each jet from kit)
  Is it that critical to get the 1/8" space under center of float?
–worn out float valve(seems fairly new to me but will replace with new
grose jet.
–no holes in float
–too high a pressure(stock new fuel pump for this year car, have had too
many glorious drives for this to start pumping out at a higher pressure,
but hey, it's an MG, who knows?)
Will keep trying your suggestions and report back,
Dave Houser